A YouTube Brand Account gives your company a unique presence online, separated from your personal profile. Though a YouTube Brand Account is a separate entity, it’s available to access and manage through your personal channel.
Most social media platforms have a special provision for brands to create a business account. It helps brands create a unique online presence that represents who they are and what they believe in. Also, it makes it easy for their target audience to find them.
Similarly, a YouTube brand account serves the same purpose. It can help you create a separate channel for your business and strengthen your branding.
Why your business needs a YouTube Brand Channel
Most social media channels now offer a “Business” option for organizations that need to go beyond the features of a personal account. YouTube is no exception.
With a dedicated brand channel on YouTube, brands will:
- Enhance their marketing campaigns with a focused series of video advertising campaigns.
- Discover a new way to track and measure engagement with the help of social media tools like Sprout Social.
- Demonstrate the credibility of their brand through a professional image across multiple social channels.
- Make it easier to share your videos on other Social media channels
YouTube even provides the option to add extra managers to your Brand Account. This means that you can allow multiple people in your team to create content for your brand. Business leaders can even add forward-thinking employee advocates to their YouTube brand channel team and enable them to post behind-the-scenes content.
Here’s how to add managers to your YouTube Brand Account:
(Note: The first three steps are for those who are not already logged in to their YouTube brand account. If you are on your YouTube brand account, skip to the fourth bullet point.)
- Log in to the YouTube account that you used to create your own YouTube brand account.
- Click on the avatar/icon that you see on the top-right corner of the homepage and click on “Switch Account.”
- Select your brand account from the options that you see.
- Click on the avatar/icon on the top-right corner of your homepage and click on “Settings.
- From the “Channel Managers” section, click on “Add or remove manager(s)”
- In the options for “Users” in the window, click on “Manage Permissions.”
- In the options for “Manage Permissions”, click on the icon that you see in the top right corner.
- In the window that opens up, you can add new users as managers for your YouTube brand account. To give them access, you can enter their email addresses or names.
- Just below the option to add their email addresses, you can also find an option to add the roles that you want to assign them. In the drop-down menu, you can see three options: Owner, Manager, and Communications Manager.
You can choose different options for all your managers based on the type of responsibilities you want to assign them.
How to create a YouTube Brand Account
The first prerequisite for creating a YouTube brand account is to have a Google profile. It’s super easy and only takes a few minutes.
Here is what you need to do to set up a Google profile:
- Log in to your account and go to the Google Account Setup page.
- Enter the required details, including your name, email address, and your password.
- Add other details like birthdate, country of origin, mobile phone number, and more.
- Agree to the terms and conditions, and click on “Next.”
That’s all you need to do. Once you complete these steps, Google will confirm your new account. The next step is to set up your YouTube brand account. Another prerequisite is that you should have an existing account on YouTube.
View more information: https://influencermarketinghub.com/glossary/youtube-brand-account/