- 1 What is a meaning of the word expedition?
- 2 What is an example of an expedition?
- 3 What does the word expedition mean and where does the word come from?
- 4 What does due expedition mean?
- 5 What is military expedition?
- 6 What is the Expedition in a story?
- 7 How do you speak an expedition?
- 8 How do you use expedition in a sentence?
- 9 What is the verb of expedition?
- 10 Does expedition mean trip?
- 11 Do they still make Ford Expeditions?
- 12 What is the purpose of expedition?
- 13 What is due diligence in construction?
- 14 What is educational expedition?
- 15 What is a corporate expedition?
- 16 What is the verb form of campaign?
- 17 What does expedition mean ks2?
- 18 What is the difference between expedition and adventure?
- 19 What does expedition country mean?
- 20 What is a antonym for the word expedition?
- 21 What does Qu say?
- 22 How do you pronounce Summ?
- 23 How do you use obey?
- 24 What do you call someone who goes on an expedition?
- 25 What is a good sentence for exploration?
- 26 What is the meaning of unsporting in English?
- 27 What is the meaning of trekking expedition?
- 28 What is the synonym of expedition?
- 29 What does expedition mean in science?
- 30 Is a Spanish word for a conqueror?
- 31 Why is Ford Expedition so expensive?
- 32 Which is bigger Suburban or Expedition?
- 33 What does XLT mean on an Expedition?
- 34 What famous Native American helped during the expedition?
- 35 What does expedition mean?
- 36 Expedition Meaning
- 37 Expedition Meaning | VocabAct | NutSpace
- 38 EXPEDITION – Meaning and Pronunciation
What is a meaning of the word expedition?
Definition of expedition
1a : a journey or excursion undertaken for a specific purpose. b : the group of persons making such a journey. 2 : efficient promptness : speed. 3 : a sending or setting forth. Other Words from expedition Synonyms Choose the Right Synonym Example Sentences Learn More About expedition.
What is an example of an expedition?
A sending forth or setting forth the execution of some object of consequence; progress. The definition of an expedition is a journey that is taken to accomplish a specific goal, or the people who go on the journey. An example of an expedition is when Lewis and Clark went to explore newly acquired land in America.
What does the word expedition mean and where does the word come from?
Expedition comes from a Latin word that means “to free the feet.” “Ped,” which forms part of the word “expedition,” means “foot” or “feet” in Latin.
What does due expedition mean?
This means that after the completion date has expired, the Owner then has to give a notice to the builder rendering time of the essence and requiring completion within a specified reasonable time.
What is military expedition?
Definitions of military expedition. a military campaign designed to achieve a specific objective in a foreign country. synonyms: expedition, hostile expedition. types: Crusade, crusade.
What is the Expedition in a story?
an excursion, journey, or voyage made for some specific purpose, as of war or exploration. the group of persons, ships, etc., engaged in such an activity: a large expedition of scientists and military personnel. promptness or speed in accomplishing something: He worked with great expedition.
How do you speak an expedition?
How do you use expedition in a sentence?
- The expedition started in western New York. …
- The expedition was preparing to march on El Obeid. …
- I think the expedition is quite feasible. …
- Such an expedition was admirably calculated to call forth Forster’s peculiar powers.
What is the verb of expedition?
expedite. (transitive) To accelerate the progress of. (transitive) To perform (a task) fast and efficiently.
Does expedition mean trip?
An expedition is an organized trip made for a particular purpose such as exploration.
Do they still make Ford Expeditions?
What is the purpose of expedition?
An expedition is a journey that requires planning and purpose setting, and is usually undertaken by a group of people, for a specific purpose, such as to explore a distant place or to do research.
What is due diligence in construction?
When it comes to businesses and people, due diligence involves investigation before signing a contract or making an agreement. When it comes to a construction site, due diligence is the process of assessing the site to mitigate risks to building and ensure that it is suitable for its intended purpose.
What is educational expedition?
Educational expeditions are designed to teach all participants some skills such as teamwork and leadership, compass/map skills and camp-craft. An example of this type of expedition would be the Duke of Edinburgh expeditions. Also basic walks outside of college to improve or learn map skills for example.
What is a corporate expedition?
Corporate expeditions are expeditions that are organized as a part of a corporate group of people (i.e. office people, shop workers, etc.) the event is usually put in place to help team cohesion and to help the group bond and work together better as a whole.
What is the verb form of campaign?
verb. campaigned; campaigning; campaigns. Definition of campaign (Entry 2 of 2) intransitive verb. : to go on, engage in, or conduct a campaign campaigned for the presidency.
What does expedition mean ks2?
definition: a journey taken for a reason, or a group taking such a trip.
What is the difference between expedition and adventure?
is that expedition is to act of expediting something; prompt execution while adventure is the encountering of risks; hazardous and striking enterprise; a bold undertaking, in which hazards are to be encountered, and the issue is staked upon unforeseen events; a daring feat.
What does expedition country mean?
a military campaign designed to achieve a specific objective in a foreign country. expeditionnoun. an organized group of people undertaking a journey for a particular purpose. “an expedition was sent to explore Mars”
What is a antonym for the word expedition?
expedition. Antonyms: delay, tardiness, procrastination. Synonyms: haste, speed, despatch.
What does Qu say?
How do you pronounce Summ?
How do you use obey?
- He has raised me to obey … to be good. …
- Agree to obey the laws that I shall make for you. …
- The king had sent them there to make the people obey his unjust laws. …
- My rules are simple; obey me and you will be rewarded. …
- I am not merely civil to him but obey him like a corporal, though I am his senior.
What do you call someone who goes on an expedition?
Explorer, Navigator or Voyager may fit, depending on the nature of the expedition. Expeditor is actually a word – but it is specific to a process role fulfilled in project management and construction related businesses.
What is a good sentence for exploration?
He was trained for the military profession, but turned his attention to science and geographical exploration . Halevy, was able to carry out any Jauf and complete exploration there. Further exploration of the interior will probably result in the discovery of additional gold districts.
What is the meaning of unsporting in English?
unsporting in British English
(ʌnˈspɔːtɪŋ ) adjective. not relating or conforming to sportsmanship; unfair. Collins English Dictionary.
What is the meaning of trekking expedition?
“Trekking is a form of walking, undertaken with the specific purpose of exploring and enjoying the scenery. … Trekking is a form of walking, undertaken with the specific purpose of exploring and enjoying the scenery. It usually takes place on trails in areas of relatively unspoiled wilderness.”
What is the synonym of expedition?
exploration, safari, trek, hike, survey. archaic peregrination. 2’a shopping expedition’ trip, excursion, outing, journey, jaunt, run. informal junket, hop.
What does expedition mean in science?
an organized form of scientific field research that may include geographical, geological, hydrological, soil, or botanical research. … Depending on the aims of its research, an expedition may be conducted within the framework of one or more scientific disciplines.
Is a Spanish word for a conqueror?
Why is Ford Expedition so expensive?
It’s so expensive because Platinum, in Ford parlance, means “every bell and every whistle.” Choosing this trim level gets you every luxury and tech amenity in the Expedition’s arsenal. There are even a few upgrades unique to the Platinum model, such as a significant power and torque bump.
Which is bigger Suburban or Expedition?
What does XLT mean on an Expedition?
Basics. Even though the XL and XLT are at the lower end of the scale, they are still large and roomy SUVs. The XL starts at $36,660, and the XLT starts at $38,200. The high-end Expedition is the King Ranch EL which starts at $48,790. Both the XL and XLT feature a 5.4-liter V8 engine.
What famous Native American helped during the expedition?
The bilingual Shoshone woman Sacagawea (c. 1788 – 1812) accompanied the Lewis and Clark Corps of Discovery expedition in 1805-06 from the northern plains through the Rocky Mountains to the Pacific Ocean and back. Her skills as a translator were invaluable, as was her intimate knowledge of some difficult terrain.Apr 5, 2010
What does expedition mean?
Expedition Meaning | VocabAct | NutSpace
EXPEDITION – Meaning and Pronunciation
date of expedition meaning
expedition meaning in tagalog
how to pronounce expedition
expedition meaning in bengali
expedition in a sentence
expedition meaning in tamil
delicious expedition meaning