- 1 What does craggy mean in English?
- 2 How do you pronounce craggy cliffs?
- 3 What does craggy faced mean?
- 4 Is it stanch or staunch?
- 5 What’s another word for craggy?
- 6 What is the sentence of craggy?
- 7 What are craggy cliffs?
- 8 Is Cragly a word?
- 9 What does Stanchly mean?
- 10 How do you use stanch in a sentence?
- 11 What is another word for stanch?
- 12 What is the antonyms of craggy?
- 13 What does craggy mountain mean?
- 14 What is the definition of stony?
- 15 What do you mean by pitted?
- 16 What is the meaning of eke out?
- 17 Is craggy cliffs on fortnite?
- 18 What is in craggy cliffs in fortnite?
- 19 How do I get Clark Kent in fortnite?
- 20 What does resolutely mean dictionary?
- 21 What does staunchly opposed mean?
- 22 What does inert mean?
- 23 What does staunch someone mean?
- 24 What is the word for stop bleeding?
- 25 How do you staunch a bleed?
- 26 How do you use staunchly in a sentence?
- 27 Is steadfast a synonym staunch?
- 28 What part of speech is stanch?
- 29 What is the root word of precipitous?
- 30 What is the synonym of rugged?
- 31 What does cranny mean?
- 32 What’s a stoner slang?
- 33 What does Stoniness mean?
- 34 What Shantelle name meaning?
- 35 How to Pronounce Craggy
- 36 How to pronounce craggy
- 37 How to pronounce craggy
- 38 How to Pronounce craggy – American English
What does craggy mean in English?
1 : full of crags craggy slopes. 2 : rough, rugged a craggy face a craggy voice.
How do you pronounce craggy cliffs?
What does craggy faced mean?
a craggy face looks strong and has deep lines in it. craggy features. Synonyms and related words. Words used to describe someone’s face or features.
Is it stanch or staunch?
Staunch and stanch are both variant spellings of the same word, but each is more common in different scenarios. “Staunch” is seen more often as an adjective meaning “substantial” or “steadfastly loyal,” while “Stanch” is more often a verb as in “to stanch the bleeding.”
What’s another word for craggy?
What is the sentence of craggy?
The mountain is quite rocky and craggy being composed of mica schist rock. Nearby green heather grew on craggy, low mountains which created a mushy, water-logged moor. The rise features a craggy landscape dominated by a prominent fracture that has been enlarged by erosion.
What are craggy cliffs?
Something is craggy when it’s uneven, rough, and jagged, like the craggy cliffs along a rocky beach. The adjective craggy is most often used to describe a landscape or natural feature like a hill or outcrop, and occasionally a scarred or pitted face, like your uncle’s craggy cheeks.
Is Cragly a word?
Rugged and uneven: a craggy face. crag′gi·ly adv.
What does Stanchly mean?
Adv. 1. stanchly – in a staunch manner; “he staunchly defended his principles” staunchly. Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection.
How do you use stanch in a sentence?
- Sophia stanched the blood with a cloth.
- He stanched the leak of the boat with a piece of cloth.
- Blood flowed from his wound has stanched.
- He is a stanch supporter of the Democratic Party.
- And at first I tried to stanch my panic by telling myself it was only that: a show of freedom.
What is another word for stanch?
What is another word for stanch?
What is the antonyms of craggy?
What does craggy mountain mean?
A craggy cliff or mountain is steep and rocky.
What is the definition of stony?
Definition of stony
1 : abounding in or having the nature of stone : rocky. 2a : insensitive to pity or human feeling : obdurate. b : manifesting no movement or reaction : dumb, expressionless. c : fearfully gripping : petrifying.
What do you mean by pitted?
English Language Learners Definition of pitted
: with the pit removed. : having many small holes or dents : having many pits. See the full definition for pitted in the English Language Learners Dictionary. More from Merriam-Webster on pitted.
What is the meaning of eke out?
Definition of eke out
transitive verb. 1 : to make up for the deficiencies of : supplement eked out his income by getting a second job. 2 : to make (a supply) last by economy.
Is craggy cliffs on fortnite?
What is in craggy cliffs in fortnite?
Craggy Cliffs is a small seaside town and it’s prized possession is a Fishsticks restaurant and a grand cliffside that were the reasons for how the town was named Craggy Cliffs. This is also a location for the new challenges for which, the players need to catch 5 fishes at Craggy cliffs.
How do I get Clark Kent in fortnite?
- Take damage from a player and survive.
- Reach 99 speed in a vehicle.
- Use a launchpad.
- Fly a saucer.
- Visit three different named locations.
- Visit the Mothership or Alien Biome.
- Defeat aliens.
What does resolutely mean dictionary?
adjective. firmly resolved or determined; set in purpose or opinion: Her parents wanted her to marry, but she was focused on her education and remained resolute. characterized by firmness and determination, as the temper, spirit, actions, etc.: The mayor was asked to take resolute action against the looters.
What does staunchly opposed mean?
/ˈstɔːntʃli/ us. very firmly or strongly: Economic advisers remain staunchly opposed to a government-financed bailout for the holders of failed mortgages.
What does inert mean?
Definition of inert
1 : lacking the power to move. 2 : very slow to move or act : sluggish. 3 : deficient in active properties especially : lacking a usual or anticipated chemical or biological action.
What does staunch someone mean?
1 : steadfast in loyalty or principle a staunch friend. 2a : watertight, sound. b : strongly built : substantial. staunch.
What is the word for stop bleeding?
Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for STOP BLEEDING [staunch]
How do you staunch a bleed?
- Apply direct pressure on the cut or wound with a clean cloth, tissue, or piece of gauze until bleeding stops.
- If blood soaks through the material, don’t remove it. …
- If the wound is on the arm or leg, raise limb above the heart, if possible, to help slow bleeding.
How do you use staunchly in a sentence?
1. The family was staunchly Protestant. 2. She staunchly defended the new policy.
Is steadfast a synonym staunch?
Frequently Asked Questions About steadfast
Some common synonyms of steadfast are constant, faithful, loyal, resolute, and staunch. While all these words mean “firm in adherence to whatever one owes allegiance,” steadfast implies a steady and unwavering course in love, allegiance, or conviction.
What part of speech is stanch?
Although both spelling variants have been in reputable use for centuries and both are perfectly standard for either the verb or adjective, stanch is the form used most often for the verb and staunch is the most common variant for the adjective.
What is the root word of precipitous?
1640s, “rash, done with excessive or undue haste” (a sense now obsolete), also “rushing headlong, violently hurried,” from obsolete French precipiteux (16c.), from Vulgar Latin *praecipitosus, from praecipitare “to throw or dive headlong; be hasty” (see precipitation).
What is the synonym of rugged?
well built, burly, strong, big and strong, muscular, muscly, brawny, strapping, chunky, husky, broad-shouldered, powerfully built, muscle-bound. tough, hardy, robust, sturdy, vigorous, hale and hearty, lusty, solid, mighty. informal hunky, beefy, hulking, ripped, shredded.
What does cranny mean?
Definition of cranny
1 : a small break or slit : crevice. 2 : an obscure nook or corner. Other Words from cranny Synonyms Example Sentences Learn More About cranny.
What’s a stoner slang?
: a person who habitually uses drugs or alcohol.
What does Stoniness mean?
a. Covered with or full of stones: a stony shore. b. Made of or resembling stone: stony detritus; stony concrete.
What Shantelle name meaning?
as a girls’ name is pronounced shan-TEL, shahn-TEL. It is of Old French origin, and the meaning of Shantelle is “stone”. Variant of Chantal. Also form of Chandelle. Also form of Shaneika.
How to Pronounce Craggy
How to pronounce craggy
How to pronounce craggy
How to Pronounce craggy – American English