Instagram automation tools are abundant. But how do you know if the Instagram automation tools you’re using are legit? The point of these tools is to help you improve the efficiency of your Instagram marketing efforts but if you’re not careful, you’ll run afoul of Instagram’s increasingly stringent anti-automation rules.
Fortunately, there are Instagram automation tools out there that can help you streamline your Instagram marketing without angering the Instagram gods. In this article, we’re going to introduce you to 15 of our favorite Instagram automation tools. Before we get to the tools, though, let’s take a moment to talk about what Instagram automation actually is.
- 1 What Is Instagram Automation?
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Instagram Automation?
Instagram automation is the process of using third-party software and apps to manage your Instagram account. This could mean scheduling posts, liking, commenting, reporting, and more. Instagram automation is typically done via the use of bots.
If reading the word “bot” makes you immediately think of “spam,” you’re not far off.
Instagram has been fighting against inauthentic activity from bots for a few years. This has involved shutting down several Instagram automation tools and bots that go against Instagram’s best practices. However, it’s important to understand that not all Instagram automation tools are spammy. In fact, the automation tools used for scheduling posts, finding the right hashtags, and such are excellent ways to automate your Instagram marketing efforts.
15 Best Instagram Automation Tools
There are several options for Instagram automation tools. It’s true that many of them have the same or similar features but a closer look at each tool will reveal nuances that let you know which tools are right for you.
Agorapulse is a full-service social media management software. You can use it to pre-load Instagram posts, scheduling them to publish when you want them to. Agorapulse also supports scheduling posts for Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn and provides detailed reports for your social media activity.
- Centralized communication hub so you can reply to the comments on your organic and paid posts
- Community management options let you hide and delete comments manually or automatically
- Optimized reply features with saved replies and “assign to” features
- Bulk upload posts from your desktop or RSS feeds
- Publish content immediately or schedule it for later
- Schedule carousel and Story posts
- Username tagging and hashtag management
Pricing (billed annually)
- Medium: $79/month
- Large: $159/month
- X-Large: $239/month
- Enterprise: $399/month
SocialPilot is one of the best Instagram automation tools available. You can use it to manage your Instagram accounts as well as other social media platforms. SocialPilot can help you manage more than 100 social profiles, analyze and report on your performance, find and share content, and even upload up to 500 posts using the Bulk Scheduling feature.
- Create customized posts for multiple social media accounts
- Analyze and report your social media content’s performance
- Organize your social content with a visual calendar
- Get content suggestions using the content curation feature
- Upload 500 posts with bulk scheduling
- Collaboration features to manage your team
- Access your social media conversations from a single social inbox
- Manage approval workflows seamlessly
- Canva integration
Pricing (billed annually)
- Professional: $25/month
- Small Team: $41.66/month
- Agency: $83.33/month
- Enterprise: Contact for a quote
Kicksta is an Instagram automation tool focused on growth. It uses AI technology to create authentic engagement. Kicksta doesn’t guarantee a specific follower count because it doesn’t work with bots. Instead, Kicksta’s targeting options help you engage with real accounts to build followers organically. Using your dashboard, you can create a list of accounts including brands, influencers, and competitors with audiences you want to target. Then, you create high-quality Instagram content to bring those people in.
- Targets niche hashtags and accounts
- Live chat support
- Target users based on several factors
- Supports multiple accounts
- Doesn’t post or comment on your behalf
- Great analytics
- Standard Plan: $49/month
- Premium Plan: $99/month
Ingramer is an Instagram automation tool that makes it easy to send bulk direct messages, automatically follow or unfollow people, like posts, find just the right Instagram hashtags, schedule posts, and comment on your target audience’s posts. It offers targeting filters so you can find and engage with the right users, building a loyal fanbase.
- User-friendly dashboard that can be customized to suit your niche and industry
- Smart unfollow to keep your account clean
- Schedule your content for the best time to post on Instagram
- Perform 1250+ auto likes and auto follows per day
- A single direct chat for all accounts
Since this tool deals with auto-following, it’s important to be vigilant with your engagement. Remember, Instagram automation tools should help you, not get you banned.
Ingramer’s pricing is a bit confusing. There are four modules to choose from (Promo, Direct, Scheduled Posting, and Hashtag Generator), and the price increases with each module you add. If you opt for all modules, here’s the pricing breakdown:
- 2 Weeks: $82/account
- 1 Month: $128/account
- 3 Month: $307/account
Upleap is another Instagram automation tool that will help you grow your followers organically. It uses several algorithms to narrow the target audience using filters like hashtag, theme, location, and more. When you sign up with Upleap, you will be assigned a personal account manager that oversees your account and helps you customize Upleap to your unique needs.
- Dedicated account manager
- Easy setup
- Only engages with real accounts based on your target audience
- Automatically views Instagram Stories of people you don’t already follow
- Account manager engages with posts that bring in results
Pricing (billed annually)
- Lite: $29/month
- Standard: $49/month
- Premium: $59/month
Jarvee is an Instagram automation tool that helps you follow, repost, like, follow back, unfollow, delete posts, respond to comments and direct messages, and conduct user and hashtag research. You can use it for other social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumblr, and YouTube. Jarvee is a Windows-based tool and has a steep learning curve, so you’ll need to take advantage of its training tutorials.
- Schedule posts on several social media platforms
- Find and repost high-quality posts in your niche or industry
- Search for Instagram users in your niche and automatically follow them
- Search for high-quality Instagram images and automatically like them
- Dynamic Hashtags feature to search for related hashtags in your niche
- Automatically comment using Spin Syntax to customize your messages so they’re authentic
- Starter: $29.95/month
- Regular: $49.95/month
- Professional: $69.95/month
Instavast is an Instagram automation tool that automates things like commenting, liking, and messaging. It offers several methods of targeting specific users so you can focus on your target audience. Instavast includes an analytics feature and filtering options that will help you understand and improve Instagram follower growth while developing meaningful relationships. In addition, Instavast has a nice image editor making it a good advertising tool.
- Set goals and define your target audience using niche filtering, language detection, fake account filtering, and more
- Uses AI to interact with active followers of a target account
- Dashboard is available in 16 languages
- Choose the automated functions you want
- Create a custom list of users you don’t want to interact with
Pricing (1 account)
Instavast pricing varies depending on the tools you choose:
- Instagram Bot: $15/month
- Auto DM: $10/month
- Comment Tracker: $10/month
- Post Scheduler: $10/month
Instazood can be used to automatically like, comment, follow/unfollow, and schedule posts. It also lets you view Instagram Stories and send direct messages to your target audience. Instazood reduces its operating speed to ensure that it doesn’t trigger Instagram’s “inauthentic behavior” parameters. With Instazood you have control over your Instagram marketing strategy and can customize features to suit your needs.
- Auto-follow, auto-like, auto-comment, and auto-unfollow
- Account targeting
- Hashtag research
- Location targeting
Instazood is another of the Instagram automation tools that offers several different products with their own pricing.
- Instagram Bot: $11.99/month
- Auto Direct Message: $11.99/month
- Schedule Posts: $7.99/month
- Comment Tracker: $7.99/month
- Search Tools: $7.99/month
- Manual Promotion: $11.99/month
Instamber is an Instagram automation tool pretty similar to Instazood. It lets you automation interactions with your target audience, schedule posts, manage comments, and send bulk direct messages. You’ll also get access to a marketing assistant knowledgeable in your niche so they can target the right people. Instamber provides detailed reports so you can see exactly how well the tool is working for you. Plus, you can customize the features to meet your needs.
- Intelligent targeting system to find the right audience
- Automated engagement
- Target users based on hashtags, location, similar pages, language, and more
- Auto-follow, auto-like, auto-comment, and auto-view Instagram Stories
Instamber offers several different tools with their own pricing:
- Instagram Bot: $10/month
- Direct Message: $10/month
- Comment Manager: $10/month
- Post Manager: $10/month
- Hot Clients: $10/month
- Instagram Likes: $7/month
- Instagram Views: $0.22/100 views
Hashtagsforlikes helps Instagram influencers, businesses, and entrepreneurs grow their Instagram following using hashtags to target the right audience organically. You start by searching Instagram competitors, influencers, and hashtags you want to target using the built-in analytics features from Hashtagsforlikes. From there you can track and measure results based on the hashtags you’re using to see what’s working and even curate content to create test groups and save hashtag sets.
- Built-in analytics to identify statistically compatible tags for the best exposure
- Predetermined hashtag sets to start building your own customized hashtag sets
- Techniques are compliant with Instagram’s best practices
- Dedicated customer success manager
- Smart algorithm detects the best Instagram hashtags
Pricing (billed monthly)
- Regular: $59/month
- Pro: $89/month
Instato.io is an Instagram automation tool that lets users manage and schedule content and grow their network. You can use Instato.io to plan content, schedule posts, monitor hashtags, and respond to comments for multiple Instagram accounts.
- Schedule Instagram posts including photo, video, and Instagram Stories
- See detailed statistics about your Instagram account content and automation tools
- Personal (one account): $29.95/month
- Team (up to five accounts): $49.95/month
- Agency (up to 15 accounts): $99.95/month
Gramto is an Instagram automation tool best known for Instagram post scheduling, but it has several features to streamline your Instagram marketing. Users can set Gramto to follow and unfollow other accounts based on certain criteria like hashtags, locations, or specific people. Gramto also includes comment, like, and direct message automation and, with the auto repost feature, Gramto users can share content from other users, even when you’re not online.
- Post instantly to multiple Instagram accounts
- Import images and videos from your Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, or device to share to Instagram automatically
- Automatically follow/unfollow, direct message, repost, comment, like, and view Instagram Stories
- Basic: $5/month
- Standard: $10/month
- Premium: $20/month
InstaHero is an Instagram automation tool that focuses on increasing your Instagram followers, likes, and views without the use of fake accounts or bots. The InstaHero community includes more than 120,000 Instagram users with interests across several niches and industries.
- Community of Instagram users to provide genuine engagement on your Instagram account
- Live chat support
- Active engagements on content
- Permanent followers
InstaHero pricing is based on the type of interaction you’re looking for:
- Followers: $3.25/140 followers
- Likes: $2.99/100 likes
- Views: $0.99/300 views
- Custom Comments: $3.99/5 comments
Social Gone Viral helps you get real followers, likes, and comments so you can expand your reach. Setup is simple and you can be up and going in just a minute or so. The Social Gone Viral team then automatically engages on your behalf to grow your Instagram followers.
- Automated interactions with your target audience
- 24/7 support
- Starter: $50/month
- Growth: $100/month
- Advance: $500/year
Tailwind is essentially an Instagram assistant you can use to plan your Instagram feed, optimize your posts, schedule your content, and use the right hashtags. Tailwind will pick the right time to post on Instagram using its SmartSchedule feature so you can get better engagement from your content. You can also save high-performing hashtag lists, tag relevant users and locations, and even format your captions from a single platform.
- Free landing page so you don’t have to worry about remembering to update your “link in bio”
- Add a link to your Instagram posts with a click
- Get reports and analytics showing Instagram metrics like followers, likes, and comments
- Find your top-performing posts
- Plan and schedule multiple image posts
- Add hashtags in the first comment
Tailwind’s Instagram Plus pricing is $9.99 per account per month.
Managing your influencer business is already time-consuming enough. Using one or more of the Instagram automation tools on this list will help you stay on top of your Instagram marketing while developing authentic relationships with your followers, attracting more followers, and expanding your reach.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Instagram allow automation of posts?
According to Instagram’s terms and conditions, automation is not allowed. Instagram will force time delays on users for certain amounts of likes, follows, or unfollows to stop bots and automation. However, there are ways to automate your Instagram content and the tools available have become increasingly smart in mimicking human behavior. Automation tools can cope with time delays and they can also randomize their actions, like humans might. Instagram automation tools can normally only post, follow, unfollow, like, direct message, and comment on posts.
What can you automate on Instagram?
Although Instagram automation is not allowed, you can use Instagram automation tools to boost your engagement and automate a number of tools. You can automate likes, comments, follows, unfollows, direct messages, story views, scheduling, and reporting. Liking posts is the safest task to automate because many people will like content on the platform without necessarily liking it.
Has Instagram killed bots and automation in 2020?
Instagram has made automation against the rules in its terms and conditions. However, despite the outcry from marketers that bots are indeed dead, there are a number of ways to use bots and automate Instagram tasks. Many people have found success using Instagram automation tools and bots to boost their engagement. However, automation tools and bots have become much trickier to use. Make sure to use caution to avoid getting blocked by Instagram.
What professional tools can help manage Instagram?
You can use a big variety of professional tools to help manage Instagram, from Instagram’s business tools to social scheduling platforms to Instagram automation tools. In Instagram’s business tools section, you can work with your profile and add contact information, see your insights and analytics, promote content, and use Instagram shopping. If you use a social scheduling platform, you can also automate posts and access a wider variety of analytics. Instagram automation tools can also help increase engagement as well.
What Instagram bot works best?
Instavast is an Instagram automation tool that uses bots to comment, like, and message. One bot costs $15 a month. Instazood, another tool, can be used to automatically like, comment, follow/unfollow, and schedule posts. It also lets you view Instagram Stories and send direct messages to your target audience. One bot is $11.99 a month. Instamber is an Instagram automation tool that lets you automate interactions with your target audience, schedule posts, manage comments, and send bulk direct messages. One bot costs $10 a month.